Sandpapers are essential tools for almost all home projects. Whether its woodwork or working with metal, you need to keep a roll of this in your toolbox. Sanding Paper can work their magic in the toughest of surfaces, as well as on clear surfaces like glass. This tool can buff almost anything to provide a smooth finish. But these papers come in different grit sizes or abrasive types. They can even come as attachments for power tools. Here’s a list of the 10 best sandpapers for you to choose from.
You may also read: Top 10 Metal Cutting Tool Reviewed in 2020
Top 10 Best Sanding Paper For Metals
1. Mirka Bulldog Gold 60 Grip Vacuum Discs
An incredible expansion to your electric sander unit, this pack of oblique sandpaper circles from Mirkais intense enough for fast sanding on a scope of high-performance jobs. Intended to fit the large names – Dewalt DW421/423, 5-inch Ryobi and the Bosch 3107 or 3725 – you can utilize these 60-grit sandpaper plates to whip off harder paint, surface material and also cars paint.
- Sized at 60 grit
- Has a special separate coating that prevents clogging
- The disc can fit on power sanders
- Best for automotive works
- It comes in a pack of fifty discs.
2. 3M Aluminum Oxide Sandpaper
This one provides exactly what it promises and markets. They are very durable and come in 5 pieces per pack. The pack includes very fine, fine, and medium types of sandpapers. They can easily sand metal and other surfaces too.
- Comes in 5 sheets per pack
- Very durable and fits most sizes
- Package of 100, 150, and 220-grade grit
- Can sand metal, paint, plastic, and fiberglass
- 9×11” in size.
3. Norton ProSand Premium Job Pack
The Norton ProSand is great fine sandpaper which, with its ‘self-sharpening’ feature, will make a truly accurate job of polishing metals. This one can sand both metal and wood and comes in packs of 20 pieces. The open-coat makes it able to reduce clogging.
- Comes in a pack of 20 sheets
- 220 grit size
- The coat reduces clogging
- Has high-quality zirconia alumina
- Recommended use after priming.
4. Dremel Multi-Max Grit Sand Paper
This paper from Dremel comes in packs of 18 pieces and has three grits – 80,120, and 240. Utilize the 80 to sand off old paint, the 120 to get your surface prepared, and the 240 one sandpaper for a smooth and polished finish. This also fits in most power tools.
- Comes in 18 piece packs
- Has three grit 80,120 and 240
- Ideal for smooth finishes
- Fits the Fein Multi-master and other tools
- The quick-fit accessory system helps for easy attachment.
5. 120 grit Woodworking Drum Sander
This one is a heavy-duty paper and it fits the sander perfectly. This top-of-the-line pick from Red Label Abrasives perfectly fits many machines and power tools quite seamlessly. The package comes in a 60ft roll so you can use it for quite a long while.
- Comes in five pieces a pack
- Tough material
- The roll has a width of 2 inches
- It can easily cut through the paint.
6. 120-3000 Assorted Grit Sandpaper
This multi-pack from Milady is an incredible incentive for cash and is a simple go-to item for practically the entirety of your general sandpaper needs. The type of the grit is waterproof silicon carbide that has been electron-covered to guarantee the sanding material is spread equally over the paper backing, providing each sheet with a pleasant quality feel.
- 12 types of abrasive grits
- 36 pieces per pack
- Made from water-resistant silicon carbide
- Great for metal.
7. Dura-Gold Premium Longboard roll
Dura-Gold is a beneficial and simple to utilize medium to fine coarseness sandpaper that can be utilized for a wide scope of DIY projects, from automotive bodywork, woodwork, metal, fiberglass, and plastics. You can take the amount you will need and keep the rest of the roll in the toolbox for use in future projects.
- Perfect for metal works
- Grits ranging from 80-400
- Can fit most boards
- A liner protects the adhesive as its pressure-sensitive.
Check this for Top 10 Cut Resistant Gloves to Buy in 2020
8. Wet Dry Sandpaper 120-3000 Grit Assortment
If you are searching for a helpful all-rounder that can seamlessly adapt to both wet and dry components, the 42-multi sandpaper pack from PaxCoo is your go-to. First up, the nature of the paper is phenomenal, and it is additionally tear-resistant so it won’t self-destruct or disintegrate while intense sanding. Each sheet contains silicon carbide grit that is electron-covered which makes it reasonable for both wet and dry use.
- Comes in a pack of 42 pieces
- Up to 14 different silicon carbide grit grades
- The backing paper is tear-resistant
- The sheets are 9inches long.
9. 400-3000 Grit Wet Dry Sandpaper Assortment
When you want the perfectly smooth finish, this 90-piece pack from Verones will have the best grit or coarseness size for you. From car sanding, wood furniture jobs, woodturning jobs, metal polishing, this is an all-rounder, with coarseness grades extending from 400 through to 3000.
- The set has 90 sheets
- Great for automotive and metals
- Strong for both dry and wet use
- The silicon carbide is electro-coated.
10. 3M Wetordry Sandpaper
Produced using solid silicon carbide, 3M’s WetorDry sandpaper is a decent choice for accomplishing a quality job on a scope of wood and metal surfaces. With a 1000-grade coarseness that has a decent open format to lessen clogging, WetorDry has been explicitly intended for wet or dry sanding between layers of varnish, enamel, paint and other surface completions.
- 1000 grade grit
- Open coat reduces clogging
- Easy to use 9x11inch sheets
- Weighs in at 1.6 ounces.
So, if you are on the hunt for the best sandpapers for metals, then you should choose from these. They are perfect in their work and provide the highest quality. So pick the one that suits your needs perfectly.