With the use of GIF (Graphics Interchange Format), it becomes extremely simple to exhibit a situation or product. Normally, GIFs own the potential to express your emotions, creative ideas, marketing strategies, animations and many more. They are visually appealing and entice visitors or prospective clients while navigating a website. Hence, they are handy to include within your web pages particularly when there is a need to use lots of content.
Now you can prepare GIF according to your own customization with the use of some of the best gif making software. They are incorporated with a broad selection of tools to make sure you can unleash your creativity without any obstructions. The entire experience of making GIFs will be fun-filled through such tools. You may take a look at the best GIF making software below to make a smart buying decision:
And if you want to know more about video editing software, we got both for Mac & Window
Top 15 Best GIF Making Software In 2020
15. GifApp – GIF making software
For use on Windows or Linux OS, GifApp is an ideal choice to consider. Basically, GifApp is a lightweight, open-source GIF app possessing simple to use interface. This unique interface allows you to effortlessly extract images from video. Also, the users could import media, remove frames, implement 17 diverse effects and fine-tune dimensions. It owns the potential to create GIF animation from a series of images while applying different effects. All these wonderful aspects make GifApp one of the best gif making software.
- GifApp comes with the source image edit/effects.
- For customization, it is possible to set different delays amongst the frames.
Those users looking for adopting an easy way to record a part of the screen, RecordIT is a convenient option to try. The prominent traits of this awesome gif making tool are its tray or menu bar. It enables the user to begin recording through a few clicks.
- The process of recording is quite easy –just click Record, and choose a region of the screen to record.
- It is easy to see the result after the recording is completed; just click the resultant notification.
The desires of creating ingenious GIFs are now fulfilled using the UnFreeze tool. To present flawless user experience, UnFREEz does not contain complex user interfaces. It is a high-speed Windows-based application capable to transform any images into distinct GIF files. It is quite simple to generate a single animated GIF from the saved images. The eye-catching trait that sets UnFREEz apart from its competitor is freeware. This aspect indicates that you can use it for a lifetime without paying anything. There is no learning curve associated since it is extremely simple to use.
- To use UnFREEz, the users just need to drag and drop a few GIF files from explorer. Next, just adjust the frame delay time, and finally go for the ‘Make Animated GIF’.
- UnFREEz carries out automatic interlacing and transparency detection during the process to make GIFs, so high effectiveness is guaranteed. So, there is no doubt why UnFREEz is one of the best gif making software.
The need for creating animated GIFs is satisfactorily fulfilled by GIFMaker.me too. There is no much complexity associated with its use and you can create video animations and slideshows using this awesome free tool. There are no impedances to prepare animated avatars and icons for sharing them on social media. In this way, you could indirectly flourish your business.
- Using GIFMaker.me, the users could decrease the file size of a particular GIF and can do resizing, reversion, merging, splitting, etc.
- It is found convenient to use for people of different backgrounds like students, amateur, photographer, professional designer, etc
The hassles associated with the time-consuming process of creating GIFs are now removed using Gickr.com. The users could instantly prepare animated GIFs online at a free of cost. It is possible to use the online images or uploaded images to prepare amusing and attractive slideshows, banners, cartoons, previews and much more. According to the needs of your business, the users could use Gickr.com as an effective marketing material online.
- In order to create GIFs using Gickr.com, simply upload pictures or take them from your Flickr.
- To add amusing effects in the output, you could prepare humorous flashy slideshows, cartoons, banners, previews, etc. This feature adds to its popularity as one of the best gif making software.
10. Animation Desk
The commendable aspect of Animation Desk is its superb drawing environment allowing the users to effortlessly animate their drawings. It comes with a user-friendly interface for sketching, animating, and storyboarding. Any creative idea you may have in your mind can now be converted into real life with this GIF making software. Your creativity can be converted into animated movies, animated figures, and e-cards. Regardless of being a novice or a professional, Animation Desk app enables the user to mix out contents that appear as if they were prepared by experts.
- The users could export their animations in the form of high-resolution GIFs, PSD layers, videos, and PDF Storyboards.
- It is found seamlessly compatible with Android, iOS, and Microsoft platforms.
The free Picasion tool allows the creative minds to create an elegant avatar resembling the actual character. It is a feature-rich GIF tool equipped with lots of functionalities and benefits just for the convenience of users.
- It allows the user to upload images in a range of 2 to 10.
- Once the uploading is done, you could share the created GIFs via social media platforms or through a website.
The unique specialty of Screen to GIF is it allows the user to choose a specific portion of the screen and then record anything that takes place in that particular area. At first glance, you would see that this GIF making software functions as a simple Windows application to streamline the GIF creation simple.
- Screen to GIF comes with a ‘Recorder’ option to allow you to choose a part of the screen to record.
- Its option –‘Webcam’ allows you to record GIFs through the camera of your computer.
7. GiFPal – GIF making software
GiFPal is a freely available GIF tool with efficient effects allowing you to employ desired effects in the output. The GIF animations can be taken using images and webcam. There is the inclusion of the drawing tools for drawing and including text. Now you can add the anticipated effects in your animated GIFs without any compromise in the output quality. Generally, GiFPal is perfect for stop motion animations and this is one of the reasons why GiFPal is stared as one among the best gif making software.
- It is easy to adjust animation speed and frames delay.
- The timeline frame editing comes with 30 effects and 20 frames.
- In a few minutes, it is possible to make GIFs for Tumblr and blogs.
- The frames can be managed and edited in the timeline.
6. Imgflip – GIF making software
For professional use, Imgflip is capable to prepare superior quality animated GIFs. In this way, any business could incur more profits and perceive a boost in sales. It is quite simple to create GIFs from video files, images, YouTube, images or other video websites. It is extremely straightforward to use and it incorporates superb customizable options.
- It is possible to save the created GIFs online by logging into an Imgflip account.
- Moreover, you could download your GIFs and also keep them private by enabling the “private” box.
- Presence of the Imgflip watermark assists other people to know the place where GIF was made.
- This watermark would not create a bad impression and it is so small that it will be even not visible on petite GIFs.
- You are able to disable the watermark with a Pro account in case you do want watermark-free images.
For accomplishing fundamental animated GIF editing, Ezgif is recognized as a simple-to-use online GIF maker. Using Ezgif appropriately, you could create, crop, resize, reserve and optimize GIFs. Moreover, you can add unique effects if you need to. There is many best gif making software that may not support an animated image format –MNG; however, Ezgif supports it. Now you can directly edit MNG files or transform them to APNG or GIF.
- When you wish to crop any animated GIF, PNG and WebP images, the GIF cropping feature from Ezgif is a versatile tool.
- It is quite simple to crop an image –just upload the GIF and with your mouse, choose the particular portion of the image to trim.
4. Giphy – GIF making software
Since many years, Giphy has stayed as the default search engine for GIFs. This is due to the fact that its library is limitless. The GIF maker from Giphy allows you to concurrently create and share the animated GIFs so that it is easy to use. All you need to do is choose the source material from Vimeo, YouTube, or Giphy Links. Subsequently, you could choose the desired portion of the video to convert into a GIF.
- Facility of adding captions is available.
- The prepared GIFs are immediately uploaded to Giphy from where you can easily share them.
- Also, you could download them or can customize them by different tools.
- It is possible to transform a collection of steady images into a GIF.
SSuite GIF animator is an all-inclusive best gif making software that can work as a GIF animator, movie creator and slide show creator. All you need to do is simply upload your image files into the list, and finally hit create. Every animated file prepared using SSuite GIF animator is seamlessly compatible with all prevailing web browsers. Furthermore, it is compatible with every Windows OS that supports 32 and 64bit software. The plus point of using this animator is it is energy efficient and easy to use; there is no need for windows registration.
- Being a Green Software program, SSuite GIF animator consumes less energy while operating the program.
- The process to create slide shows, movies, animated gifs and more is straightforward.
- The users could easily set their time intervals ranging from milliseconds to minutes.
- Names of different image formats supported are jpg, jpeg, BMP, and png images.
Actually, Gifted Motion operates independently from a platform; however, it implements JAVA. It is competent to function on all OS. In absence of installation, most users have praised the functioning of Gifted Motion. It is possible to edit existing images and finally create GIFs using images of different formats like JPEG, PNG, BMP, etc.
- Gifted Motion is freely available and simple to use for beginners.
- When you find Photoshop expensive but wish to animate an avatar for a forum then this tool is a preferred choice.
- It comes with a zero learning curve.
Majority of the users who already used Photoscape find it to be an easy to use tool with lots of functionalities. Using the tool, you could employ tons of amusing editing effects inside your videos. Names of important functionalities are viewer, editor, page merging, animated GIF, color picker, and photo splitter. It is a straightforward process to attach multiple photos horizontally or vertically to create a final photo.
- The viewer functionality allows the users to view images in your folder; also, it is possible to prepare a slideshow.
- Important features included are resizing, white balance, brightness and color adjustment, frames, backlight correction, mosaic mode, balloons, incorporating text, sketching pictures, filters, cropping, blooming, red-eye removal, clone stamp, paintbrush, and effect brush.
- Through the Screen Capture feature, it is easy to capture your screenshot and then save it.
You might be interested in:
Now maximum results can be attained with the use of GIF creator software tools discussed above. For commercial uses or for just fun, these best gif making software lets you employ the desired GIF effects.
A gif is a bit map image format invented by a team from CompuServe’s online services developers. The online service provider was led by Steve Wilhite, a computer scientist on June 15, 1987. Discussed below are some of the best GIF-making software of all time.
How many frame per second in GIF?
GiffApp is an ideal choice to consider when working on Linus OS or windows. The software has a very user-friendly interface that enables you to extract images from videos.
Most of the people who have used this software have termed t to have a lot of functionalities. Some of the well-stated functionalities are viewer, color picker, editor, and photo splitter.
Gifted motion is known to operate independently on a platform but also implements on the Java operating system. The software is freely available and very user friendly to beginners. Using the software, one can edit existing images and create Gifs.
SSuite Gif Animator.
This is an all-inclusive software that includes slide show creator, gif animator, and movie creator.
Giphy has been the most known default search engine for GIFs. GIF has a limitless library, and the tool enables its users to do things concurrently; one can make GIFs and share them simultaneously.
This is a well-recognized and straightforward to use the tool when making GIF online. One can directly cause or edit MNG images to GIF or even APNG on the tool.
This software is available freely. One can take the GIF images using any camera then convert them. You can then add your desired details and effects on your pictures or selected components in the output section.
This software can be used for professional purposes. It is known to produce high-quality GIF clips. It offers such a user-friendly interface and also incorporates very. This software can be used for professional purposes. It is known to have high-quality GIF clips. It provides such a user-friendly interface and also includes exceptional customizable options.
Screen to GIF
This software is known to have a unique tool that enables you to use a specific section of your screen for recording purposes. It also has the webcam option that lets you record your GIFs using the computer webcam.
This software is known to allow users to upload images from 2 to a maximum of ten. Once you finish uploading the photos, you can directly share the created GIFs across any social media platform.
The best feature in this software is that its users can freely animate even drawings. Any creative idea you have can be smoothly animated using this software; you need to draw the animate it.
Using this software, one can make endless animated GIFs at no cost. Users can also use this software as beneficial marketing material.
Using this software, one can make some video animations and slideshows online. You can also directly share these animations now on social media.
This is a high-speed windows software that can convert very many images into animated GIFs in such a short period. To use the software, you need to drag and drop the pictures.
This is a perfect software for those in need to record just a small portion of the screen. The software enables its users to record only by a few easy clicks.
How many frames per second do Gifs have?
The smaller the file size, the lower the quality of your animation. Most GIF images have a time frame of between 15 to 24 frames per second. The maximum GIF width is known to be 600 pixels. However, the total size should never exceed 500 KB, whereas the length should be in the range between 10 to 30 seconds.
How to change the resolution of a GIF file.
The resolution of a GIF file is the total number of vertical and horizontal pixels in an image. Below are the steps to change the resolution of a GIF file.
- Click the start menu on the bottom left side of your screen and select all programs.
- Then click on the accessories part and select on the paint icon.
- Then select the file menu, click the open button, and choose the GIF image you want to edit.
- Finally, you select the image attributes and enter the desired new resolution for your image, considering the height and width.
- Then you select to save the newly edited or revised GIF file with a new name in it.
Why we need GIF and their importance.
GIFs are known to be majorly used in different social media platforms hence can be used in marketing strategies for companies and other businesses. They also used to market events. GIFs’ use is more convincing as it all together provides a complete narrative of an idea in a single animated image.
GIFs are also less bland; hence they are more appealing to the focus audience. Using black and white text can be boring, but when you use GIFs in your marketing, they seem to be more attractive as they create a more splendid reception and reaction.
How to create good GIFs and high-quality GIFs
When creating GIFs, you should try to make them as exciting and engaging as possible. Most people expect GIFs to be entertaining and engaging. Below are ways in which you can make your GIF creation more effective.
Always use a few colors. Using a few colors plays a significant role in making your file smaller, and using a few colors that make you create longer GIFs.
Always ensure that you choose the best frame for your animations. The right frame provides that your GIFs are not blurred; hence they are more appealing and entertaining.
When making GIFs, always use tools or software that enable you to export motion blur from the original clip or video. The use of motion blur technic makes your animated images look more professional.
When making any animated images of clips, always try to be as original as you can. Copying an idea from another can be too obvious to your target audience, hence making your GIFs bland. Original GIFs are more entertaining, and therefore people would tend to share them more widely, reaching a larger number within a short period. When coming up with a GIF creation idea, it is useful to choose images or videos that are in line with the current trends and emerging issues. Alternatively, you can try picking pictures or videos near in line with the type of message or impression you want to bring across using your GIFs.