When it comes to your aquarium fish health, gas exchange and surface agitation are extremely important. If you see your fish gasp and swim near the water surface, that’s when you know it’s time to get an air pump. Besides, many aquarium ornaments require an air pump. And the bubbles give a decorative touch. A pump lets you use sponge filters which not only save your bucks but also help beneficial bacteria to grow in your tank. However, some pumps make a constant noise that can bother your household or commercial unit. And it’s of no use if it’s unable to provide a proper air pressure that reaches the depth of your tank. So, go through our list of top ten aquarium air pumps and see what suits you best!
You might be also interested in: Top 10 Outdoor Misting Fans in 2020
Top 10 Best Aquarium Air Pumps in 2020
10. Fluval Q2 Aquarium Air Pump
Getting a good quality air pump for your aquarium is essential for the health of your fishes. This one by Fluval can be a good option since it operates safely without a sound and goes a long way.
Design and quality: This air pump is of good construction, having a double-walled thick casing. It delivers a soundless operation. It is powerful enough to support aquariums between 50 to 160 gallons.
- The airflow is adjustable.
- It comes with a two-year warranty.
- Noise-canceling baffle chamber.
9. Penn Plax Silent Air B11 Pump
If you want a backup option for when the power runs out, this one is a safe option since it runs on batteries. It’s also suitable for when you’re transporting fish from your aquarium to another place.
Design and quality: Once you plug in its cord to a power outlet, it monitors power outage and automatically turns on when the electricity goes away. Simply add 2D batteries and you’re good to go. It comes with a deluxe airstone and an airline tube too.
- Suitable for marine, reef and freshwater aquariums.
- It provides good aeration to your aquarium up to three days or longer.
- Ideal for aquariums within 30 gallons.
8. Tetra Whisper AP150 Pump
Add fun bubbles to your aquarium and ensure better health of your beloved fishes with this powerful air pump by Tetra.
Design and quality: These durable aquarium air pumps are sturdy enough to pump water as deep as 8 feet. Its soundless operation keeps your home environment peaceful too.
- Suitable for aquariums between 90-180 gallons.
- It can run ten aquarium ornaments, maximum.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
7. Ecoplus Commercial 793 GPH Pump
This is a heavy-duty air pump that works well in large aquariums, hydroponic systems, and fish farms. So, it’s ideal for commercial use.
Design and quality: Premium materials are used in pistons and cylinders for better durability.
- It comes with 6 adjustable flow valves.
- Includes 2 output nozzles.
- Keeps noise to a minimum.
6. Hydrofarm Active Aqua Pump
This air pump is suitable for providing aeration to your hydroponics and keeping a noiseless environment at the same time. If you want healthy plants with healthy roots, this one by Hydrofarm is your best bet.
Design and quality: Its high-quality rubber diaphragm ensures good and deep airflow in the aquarium. You can adjust its airflow with its pressure settings. It keeps the reservoir well-aerated at all times.
- It consumes low power.
- Multi-level muffling technology for noise-suppression.
- It comes with a one year warranty.
5. Aquaneat Aquarium Air Pump
Get ready to amp up your aquarium decor with this high-quality air pump, which is all set to create the finest bubbles and power up your underwater ornaments while keeping noise to a bare minimum.
Design and quality: It has a strong construction with a premium muffling feature that ensures minimized noise.
- Suitable for 300 gallons maximum.
- Rubber feet for minimizing noise.
- An easy on/off switch apart from a plug-in.
4. VIVOSUN 950 GPH Air Pump
Don’t worry about your precious fish or hydroponics when you have this excellent air pump to oxygenate water keeping a healthy balance in your aquarium.
Design and quality: This heavy-duty pump takes only a minute to pump 16 gallons of water. The pistons and cylinders are made of steel and the heat-radiating plates are of aluminum alloy for more durability.
- Good heat dissipation and air pressure control.
- Wear and tear-resistant; energy efficient.
- Strong electromagnetic motor for deep aeration.
3. Tetra Whisper Air Pump
Oxygenate your aquarium water more efficiently in a soundless manner with this top-notch air pump by Tetra. You can pick one from four pumps of different strengths to match your tank’s size and necessity.
Design and quality: It is made of premium materials that will go a long way. It provides good pressure and lets inside a smooth air stream so that your fish can get more oxygen and stay healthy.
- Rubber mounts to reduce noise and vibration.
- Adjustable valves for airflow control.
- Powers up various aquarium accessories.
2. Mylivell Aquarium Air Pump
With these high-quality aquarium air pumps, you no longer have to compromise the health of your fish or the growth of your favorite plants in your aquarium.
Design and quality: This pump uses a piezoelectric sleek ceramic plate to reduce noise which is more efficient than regular air pumps’. It saves energy and creates good air pressure in medium-sized aquariums.
- Suitable for aquariums up to 13 gallons maximum.
- The suction cup fits snugly to the aquarium wall-saving a lot of space.
- Premium noise-cancellation.
1. Uniclife Aquarium Air Pump
This air pump operates silently and can power up your aquarium ornaments like volcanoes, fake coral, treasure chests, etc. It’s ideal for oxygenating your fish tank.
Design and quality: This pump has excellent durability and muffling features. It has adjustable pressure settings and can be a great aerator for your aquarium fish.
- Suitable for marine and freshwater aquariums.
- Supports tanks from 20 to 100 gallons.
- It consumes low power.
We hope that you found an air pump for your aquarium from our list. Take your fishkeeping hobby to a new level today!